The Dukes looked like garbage in the first half but put things together in the 2nd half with inspired play from Kojo Mensah and the Jacksons.
- Kojo played well leading all scorers with 22 points and 6 assists
- Reggie Jackson played his best game at Duquesne dropping 14 points, 9 assists, and 7 boards
- Damian Saunders looked wonderful all around but especially on defense, he had 4 blocks and 2 steals
- I was disappointed in Shawn James and Kieron tonight, Bobby Moe had no post players to speak of and both failed to dominate or take advantage inside.
- Kieron missed his first shot from the block and never seemed to regain his confidence. I love Kieron but he just seems to lack that fire that makes a talented player great.
- My father and I shared some adult beverages with Garry Nelson, one half of the famous Nelson twins from Duquesne's great early 70s teams.
- Ron Everhart continued his trend of playing the two platoon system in the first half and then playing a shorter bench in the 2nd half. This strategy has worked effectively, the two platoon seems to wear out the opposing team and then the 7 select Dukes pull away from the their opponent in the 2nd half.
Sadly the Dukes next game against South Carolina Upstate, a 5pm tip on Sunday, now will interrupt the Steelers 4pm game against the Ravens. Stupid flex scheduling.
The Dukes are now 8-3 and are in a good position to win their next three games against South Carolina Upstate, Bowling Green and Fordham.