Duquesne is now 15-7 and 5-4 in the A10 picking up their first A10 road win this afternoon. Duquesne controlled this game throughout. La Salle had a few runs to keep it close but the Dukes controlled this game. Duquesne held La Salle's leading scorer Darnell Harris to only 2 first half points. He ended the game with 14 on 4-11 shooting and 2-8 from beyond the arch.
We saw Kieron Achara and Shawn James on the floor together for the first time in a long time this afternoon and they looked good.
Ron Everhart stopped the post game interview to give Ray Goss props for the article about Goss in SI.
- Kieron Achara had a huge game for Duquesne, he ended the game with 21 points, 6 rebounds and 5 blocks.
- Reggie Jackson also scored 21 points. He had 9 assists, he was 3-3 from three point land, and 4-4 from the free throw line
- Aaron Jackson had 18 points, 8 assists, 6 rebounds, and 4 steals
- Gary Tucker had 16 points on 7-10 shooting
- The Dukes shot 24-28 from the free throw line for 85.7%
- The Dukes were 35-63 from the field for 55.6%
Duquesne is a better team than La Salle on paper and it showed on the floor this afternoon. Great energy and effort from the Dukes. Duquesne travels to Dayton next Wednesday for a huge A10 game. Dayton was ranked in the top 25 earlier this season, but has fallen lately due to injuries, are they ripe for the picking? We shall see on Wednesday.