07-08 is a great year to be a Dukes fan!
- The Dukes did not use the two platoon system tonight, RE instead went with an 8 man rotation
- Would Duquesne be the same team without Shawn James? No.
- Would Duquesne be the same team without Aaron Jackson? No.
- Aaron Jackson and and Shawn James bring so much to the Dukes and thank goodness they are only juniors.
- Reggie Jackson continued his stellar play with 15 points, 3 assists, and 0 turnovers. He was 6-12 from the field and 3-4 from beyond the arch. The Dukes will miss Reggie next year.
- Kojo was erratic tonight, he had 7 turnovers and only 2 assists. Mensah ended the night with only 8 points. I'll be honest Mensah played poorly in the 1st half and what upset me most was that he moped after his turnovers. Everhart benched Kojo for a good 5 minutes late in the first half. When the Dukes play stronger A10 competition they will need a better game from Kojo.
- Fordham's big man Bryant Dunston was invisible in the 1st half but turned it on in the 2nd half and ended the game with 19 points, 11 rebounds and 8 blocked shots. Dunston is 6'8 and strong, he out muscled James and Achara. It looks like the twin towers have a lot of work to do if they want to guard the stronger thicker big men in the A10.
What I love most about tonight's game is that Ron Everhart focused on his teams mistakes and areas of opportunity rather than gloating or simply enjoying the win when he talked on the post game show. Having this type of attitude is what will take Duquesne over the top. We are lucky to have Ron Everhart.