- Tonight's game was the ugliest 16 point victory I have ever seen. If the Dukes expect to play like this and beat teams like UMass and St. Joes they will be sorely mistaken.
- Shawn James did not play tonight because of a bad knee. We still do not know if he will play Saturday against GW.
- With James out Kieron Achara was forced to step up and he answered the call. Achara had 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- Ron Everhart wisely chose to use the two platoon system tonight. The Bonnies are a struggling team with a short bench who simply could not keep up with the running and gunning Dukes.
- Phillip Fayne took advantage of his minutes tonight playing hustle defense and scoring 11 points on 4-7 from the field and 3-4 from beyond the arch. It was nice to see the Fayne I had grown accustomed to seeing in non-conference play.
- I saw "Wunderkind" T.J. McConnell at the game tonight with his father and some friends.
I'll be totally honest I was not happy with the Dukes' performance tonight. St. Bonaventure is a horrible team, who does not have a road victory this season and yet the Dukes allowed them to hang around until the end of the game. I admit the game was never in doubt, but still this is a team that Duquesne has to totally and completely dominate if they expect to compete with the big boys in the A10. The Dukes will need a better performance Saturday against GW.